Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine are based on balance and harmony. The traditional Chinese view is that the human body
is made up of complex streams of moving energy. This energy flows in channels called meridians. The energy in these
meridians can become unbalanced and cause pain and other dysfunction in the body. Along these energy channels are
located the Chinese acupuncture points. The Chinese acupuncture points are locations, where the body’s energy can be harnessed and used to
promote energetic harmony and balance. The result of this balance is an enhanced sense of health and wellbeing, resolution
of pain and help with chronic medical conditions. The needles are small, thin, sterile and used only once. Many times
patients do not experience any discomfort during an acupuncture treatment. A small prick may be felt when the needles
are placed, but this quickly resolves. After the needles are placed, patients frequently relax and drift off to sleep.
Medical Acupuncture helps promote health and a sense of well-being, prevent illness, and can treat various medical conditions
and pain. Medical acupuncture can be used to help digestive, respiratory, neurological, muscular, urinary, reproductive
and menstrual disorders. Additionally, medical acupuncture is highly effective at treating tension, stress and emotional conditions.
- Chinese Scalp – Dr. Jason Hao, teaches a form of acupuncture that can be very effective for neurological conditions. Needles are
placed in the head over the areas of the brain controlling the patient’s condition. Stimulation of this area may help control some
of the patient’s symptoms. Patients with multiple sclerosis, strokes, Parkinson’s disease and other neurological conditions frequently
benefit from Chinese Scalp Acupuncture.
- Ear Acupuncture – Involves the placement of small needles in the ear as a sole treatment or to help reinforce other acupuncture
treatments. This is frequently employed for pain control, weight loss or addiction treatment. Small sterile needles can sometimes
be placed such that the patient can go home with them in place to achieve long-lasting results.
- YNSA – Yammamoto New Scalp Acupuncture uses points located on the head. Acupuncture points used are selected based upon
where the patient is experiencing pain and other diagnostic indicators. YNSA is fast acting, and very effective for pain
- Myofascial Acupuncture – Many patients experience pain and tension in muscles, especially in the back. These areas frequently
develop tight, painful areas called trigger points. These locations can be effectively treated using small acupuncture needles.
This technique works exceptionally well when combined with osteopathic manipulation.
- French Energetic – This system of acupuncture involves promoting balance in the acupuncture meridians of the body.
This system can be used for both pain complaints and also for treatment of other medical conditions. French energetic
acupuncture can also be employed in the prevention of disease. It is a frequently employed technique by physician acupuncturists.
- Five Element – Five element acupuncture focuses on creating harmony and balance in the body. Acupuncture points are
selected based on the patient’s constitution and pattern of disharmony. This technique focuses on treating the patient’s
mind, body and spirit.